Thursday 19 February 2015

Playing with Close To My Heart and Gelatos

I was looking around my craft room and realised that my poor gelatos have never been allowed to be featured on a card :(  Poor little under utilised lovelies.  SO  I am going to share a card today made using gelatos, and can I just say they were so happy to be allowed out of their basket to play LOL.

So here we have Dreamer Flair stamp set mixing it up with gelato backgrounds....

For my first card I stamped the girl image and sentiment from the set on plain white cardstock with permanent waterfast black ink and then I used a wet brush directly on the gelato tube to make a watery paint, then I just brushed it directly over the image, I then repeated with next colour and got a really nice blended edge as the gelato was nice and wet and blendy.


I then mounted to a piece of co-ordinating cardstock from the Adventure Pack.  Before I adhered my image/gelato top piece I punched a scalloped border along the bottom then added a strip of CTMH washi tape.  Once my top piece was adhered I added the ribbon to finish with a cheats bow.

 My next card was made pretty much the same way apart from colouring with the gelato directly on to the card and then blending with a wet brush.  Once it was dry I sprinkled some gold ink spray over it.

Again this one was matted onto cardstock and a ribbon and cheats bow added.   



Hope you like my more arty cards, thanks loads for dropping by and happy scrapping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...